Friday, July 1, 2011

MHC Injury Update

By R.Inkrat, from the New York Times

The hockey world has been turned topsy turvey by the unwelcome announcement that veteran Mike "Cuzzie" Cousins has been placed on the 15-day "ready reserve" list due to a back injury.  Cousins, one of the MHC's most well liked and respected players, told this reporter, "I finally got into primary care office this afternoon after playing tough guy thinking my back was just 'tweaked' or a 'little pulled' and in a couple of weeks it would clear up."   

 Players on the 15-day list are usually massively dosing on Advil or Alleve and hoping the pain goes away so they can get back on the ice.  In Cuzzie's case, it may take longer.  "My stubbornness cost me a lot of pain and aggravation," the genial star said, "and a diagnosis of 4 to 6 weeks off skates and in P.T."  Team doctors think Cousins may have "mild herniation of at least one disc in the lumbar region. "  Cousins declined an MRI, not liking enclosed spaces with loud banging noises. Go figure.

All fans of the great game and all players are wishing Cuzzie a speedy return.  He said, "I look at it this way: with any luck , and good behavior, I should be back on skates mid August, couple of weeks to remember the guys I skate with and I could be the 'sleeper' of the WEDS AM season finale."  We all say, amen, and get back soon!

###

No comments:

Post a Comment